Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Spirit Candy

I finally achieved my goal a few weeks ago, which was to eat half of a candy bar, then save the rest for the next day.  I was skeptical at my level of self-control, but, behold!  I did it, with almost no agony!  LOL  Now I have since done the same thing several times.  I suspect that I was given supernatural strength to withstand the temptation to eat the whole candy bar, just because it was there.  Ever wonder why G-d has rules in the Bible about which foods to eat and not to eat?  I figure it must be because it is a lesson in self-control.  If we can shun a piece of tasty-looking food just because G-d says not to, then self-control in other, more significant matters in life becomes more doable.  Think about it, what was the one thing G-d said NOT to do way back in the Garden of Eden?  To not eat something.  It wasn't a monumental request, but the implications were collossal.
Now if I can apply the same principal to portion control...As my deceased grandfather said once (may his soul rest peacefully), "I know the answer to all these new diets:  DON'T EAT SO DARN MUCH!!"  Pretty profound, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment