Friday, January 27, 2012

Being the Light of the World

Yes, I've heard it all my life.  The "Light of the World."  But what does this really mean?  Recently several people have commented to me that I have a lot of "light," an "aura."  I was thinking, what does all this mean?  That really sounds new-agey.  Sort of freaking me out.  The mental gears in my mind, turning over and over, trying to process what in the world that meant.  I even thought, OH NO, what if I'm possessed by some sort of bad spirit?  But all of that nonsense and fear didn't come from G-d.  Then the L-rd, Baruch HaShem, showed me the meaning of it all. 
When we have Messiah, we radiate good spiritual light, b/c He is the LIGHT OF THE WORLD.  We shine light to into a dark world, to light up the way for people to see the truth, in the midst of confusion.  "Thy Word is a lamp until my feet, and a light unto my path."  Psalm 119:105  And people pick up on this.  They are drawn to this.  They want what we have.  It's contagious, and it's joyful!!  It's enthusiastic, exuberant, and yet peaceful, all at the same time!  A friend posted a verse on Facebook that sums up this whole drash in a nutshell:

2 Corinthians 4:6-7

New International Version 1984 (NIV1984)
6 For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,”[a] made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ. 7 But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.


RADICAL, DUDE, or what??  LOL, now I'm dating myself.  Anyway, as the verse says, the reason His light is so noticeable to others, is that our bodies, these "jars of clay," don't naturally radiate light.  In fact, the only time mine shines is when I'm so oily b/c I haven't taken a shower  haha.  But His light is supernatural, and people pick up on that - it's not something they can fabricate themselves.  It's like an emotion that doesn't exist in our brains' lexicon of emotional states.  People are going, "How do I get like THAT.  Nothing I've ever done has made me feel like THAT.  No drugs, food, relationship, vacation, or experience has made me feel like THAT."  Their brain says, "010101010111100001111000  This doesn't compute.  No feeling in human experience matches input."  LOL  So that is why people notice it. 

So, go out there, and LET IT SHINE.

"This little light of mine,
I'm gonna let it shine.
This little light of mine,
I'm gonna let it shine, let it shine, let it shine, let it shine."

"Shine" - Newsboys

No comments:

Post a Comment