Saturday, February 11, 2012

Gratitude

Today I saw several people that I had not seen in years.  Most of them had heard about my back surgery, and asked how I was doing.  They said I looked like I was doing well.  And I am!!  Wow, it's hard to even remember what it was like for me before my surgery.  I feel so far removed from that now. 
A friend and I were discussing how it's easy to take things for granted, until we lose them.  I told her I could identify, because before my back problem got so bad, I would complain about doing certain things.  Then, when I was no longer able to do them because of my debility, suddenly I longed to do those same things.  I guess what it boils down to is, being thankful in every circumstance.  1 Thessalonians 3:18 - "In everything give thanks."

No comments:

Post a Comment