Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Our New Puppy

I was having a difficult day, thinking of things that are going on in my life.  The L-rd brought the verse to mind, Jeremiah 29:11, which says, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
I was having trouble wrapping my mind around that concept, when something happened that brought it all home (literally).  At the flea market one morning, some folks were giving away puppies to a good home.  I knew my kids would love one, so I got one.  Not knowing really what to do with it, I drove him home, then took him in my arms and carried him to the place where he would stay.  He was wimpering the whole time, and shaking, like he was really scared.  I petted him, and spoke softly to him, telling him, "It's gonna be ok.  You're going to like living here.  We're nice, we're going to love you."  And I thought to myself, I wish there was someway I could let him know that I plan to take care of him, so that he wouldn't be so uneasy.  Then the verse from above came to mind, and suddenly the meaning was crystal clear!  It was like I was the puppy, and G-d was the owner, telling me, don't worry, I'm going to take care of you.  Thank you, Abba!

2 comments:

  1. Good thought Laura....that's a great analogy.
    Danny C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Danny. Our God is so loving, isn't He

    ReplyDelete