Wednesday, April 11, 2012

"Everything Works Together for the Good"

The other day I was in the van, and was looking for my cell phone charger.  As I sat in the driver's seat, I searched everywhere within arm's reach several times over, with no luck.  I went through the drive thru at one of my fav restaurants, and as I was putting the change in my wallet, it slipped out of my hand, and fell in between the space between my door and the driver's seat.  In the process, the contents spilled out in a pile.  Great....  So I pulled over in the parking lot, got out, and picked up all of the stuff, and stuffed it back in my wallet.  Just then, I noticed a cord and lighter plug sticking out from behind the seat.  Oh, it must be my charger!!  What a neat way to end up a little accident here-by finding my charger.  I thought, "Thank You, L-rd.  And what a nice drash this could be about You letting us have trouble so that we can find nuggets of wisdom in life." 
But alas, it turned out to be the small dustbuster vac that I keep behind the seat.  Oh well, since I was already stopped and out of my seat, I decided to go around to the side door, climb in, and do a search and seizure for my car charger!!  As I was digging through junk, I found several items that I had been looking for!   Then, finally, under partially-tipped storage containers, laden with snacks, maps (I'm anti-GPS at the moment lol), beauty supplies, and writing utensils, laid my phone charger, pretty as you please!  Now I was in business.  But I was bummed about my earlier idea for a drash, b/c my adventure didn't really turn out the way I thought it would.  But then I realized that I was learning patience (and not to mention organization).  While the end result was that I DID find my charger, I also found some other things I had been missing, tangible and intangible.  Thank You, L-rd, for all things. 

"...in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Messiah Yeshua (Jesus)."
1 Thessalonians 5:18. 

"And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose."
Romans 8:28.

"Everything Works Together for the Good" song

Parable of the Lost Coin  - She's looking for a coin belonging in her marriage garment.  I have heard a teaching that Christianity is searching for its lost coin - the Sabbath, as one of the ten commandments, in preparation for the bridegroom's coming.  Cool, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment